Comprised of independent high schools in New England states, the Debating Association of New England Independent Schools (DANEIS) provides opportunities for public speakers and debaters to compete both regionally and internationally. Founded in 1978, DANEIS now includes more than 60 member and affiliated schools. Canadian and overseas tournaments are coordinated with the International Independent Schools Public Speaking League.
The official website of DANEIS includes several resources:
- A calendar of recent and upcoming debate tournaments.
- A list of member schools and links to their websites.
- Rules for various debate formats (can be accessed from the "Rules" button to the left)
- Sample scoring sheets (can be accessed from the "Scoring" button to the left)
- A sample tabulation sheet (on the "Scoring" page)
As information is added or changed, it will appear on this site. Links may lead to other websites or a pdf, requiring Adobe Acrobat (a free program) or another pdf reader. DANEIS is not responsible for content on linked websites.
To submit additions or corrections, contact the webmaster.
For questions concerning the organization DANEIS, contact the DANEIS President.